Nochi leaf powder is an herbal supplement made from the dried leaves of the nochi plant (Vitex negundo). It is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat a variety of conditions, including inflammation, Sinus Infection and headache. Nochi leaf powder is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
Nochi is an amazing herb well known for its excellent medicinal values and numerous uses since ancient times Nochi leaf in particular is known for its effectiveness in the treatment of sinusitis, headache, muscle aches and joint pains. Nochi leaf is also found to be effective against ringworm, eczema and various other skin infections, liver disorders, spleen enlargement, rheumatic pain, gout, abscess and backache.
People sleep on pillows stuffed with Vitex negundo leaves to get rid of catarrh (secretion of excess mucus through nose and throat because of cold) and headache and smoke the leaves for relief. Crushed leaf poultice is applied to cure headaches, neck gland sores, tubercular neck swellings and sinusitis. A leaf decoction of Nochi with Piper nigrum is used in catarrhal fever with heaviness of head and dull hearing.
A popular quote of the Western Himalayas says that a man can not die of disease in a region where Nochi (Vitex negundo), Adhatoda vasica and Acorus calamus are found, obviously, if he knows appropriate usage of the plants. Even in the Indian traditional community, Vitex negundo is also known as “sarvaroganivarini”, the remedy for all diseases. A large inventory of literature is available regarding this plant that includes traditional, biochemical, ethnobotanical and pharmacological experiments, observations and inferences.
Some of the other Uses of Nochi :
- Nochi leaf is famous for its use in the treatment of sinus infection. It relieves the pain as well as the inflammation. There are two traditional ways Nochi is used in the treatment of sinus; Nochi steam and Nochi pillow.
- Nochi leaves are anti-inflammatory in nature. They are used to relieve swelling, arthritic pain and body pain caused due to increased Vata. A small bundle of Nochi leaves are heated and used over swelling as fomentation in the affected area to relieve pain.
- Nochi leaves are highly effective against spleen enlargement. Juice of Nochi leaves is prescribed to be taken early morning on empty stomach to relieve spleenomegally. The paste made out of Nochi leaves is applied externally over the inflamed spleen area.
- Oil made out of Nochi leaves is applied over the head in case of pain and inflammation around neck.
- Nochi leaves are known Vermifuge and the juice from fresh leaves are considered highly effective.
Because of their anti-inflammatory properties Nochi leaves are also used in post natal care to reduce swelling in uterus.
- Nochi leaves are considered valuable against skin disorders like ringworm, eczema, abscess and various other skin infections. The paste made out of leaves is applied on skin infections and the juice extracted out of fresh leaves is used to clean skin ulcers.
- Nochi leaf is also found to be effective in the treatment of liver disorders.
Legal Disclaimer: All the products are for personal use and not for resale.The product description has not been evaluated by the food & drug administration(FDA). The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases. Information on this website is not an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies. Read more about our disclaimer http://www.founditgood.com/medical-disclaimer/